STEP Export Assistance for Small Business in Minnesota
The STEP program provides financial and technical assistance to qualifying Minnesota small businesses with an active interest in exporting products or services to foreign markets.
Participants may be first-time exporters or companies that are currently exporting but are interested in expanding into new international markets.
Financial Assistance Available
Small businesses may apply for reimbursement of up to $500 for export-training that will result in the development of an export strategy or up to $7,500 for approved export-development activities, including:
- Participation in trade missions
- Exhibiting at trade shows or industry-specific events
- Translation of marketing materials
- Development of foreign language websites
- Gold Key or other business matchmaking services
- Company-specific international sales activities
- Testing and certification (such as CE marking) required to sell products in foreign markets
More information about eligibility and how to apply here.