Opportunity Green 2010 Conference, September 22-24
Opportunity Green 2010 Conference will gather Fortune 500 executives and industry leaders to share insight and provide inspiration, tools and resources to create and implement sustainable business solutions. Opportunity Green inspires a collaborative culture of new thinking and unconventional ideas that pushes change in unexpected ways. Not the typical conference backdrop, Opportunity Green is a carefully curated and interactive experience like no other. This year’s conference, designed by leading global architecture and design firm, Gensler, will be held on the sound stage of AMC’s Mad Men at LA Center Studios, home to many award winning films.
Key Speakers: The Opportunity Green 2010 Conference will feature a diverse array of speakers including:
- Andreas Schierenbeck, President of Building Technology, SIEMENS Industry, Inc.
- Rick Ridgeway, VP of Environmental Programs & Communication, Patagonia
- Laurenz Schaffer, Group President, BMW Group Designworks USA
- Liba Rubenstein, Director of Global Energy Initiative, The News Corporation
- Steve Wesley, Managing Partner, The Westly Group
- Eric Garcetti, President of the Los Angeles City Council
- Jennifer Orgolini, Sustainability Director, New Belgium
- Seth Farbman, President, OgilvyEarth
- Michela O’Connor Abrams, President & Publisher, Dwell Media
- Yalmaz Siddiqui, Director of Environmental Strategy, Office Depot
- Tony Huffman, Director of Strategic Cooperation, BP
- Steven L. Kline, VP Corporate Environmental & Federal Affairs & Chief Sustainability Officer, PG&E Corporation
- John Woolard, President & CEO, BrightSource Energy
- Katie Fehrenbacher, Founding Editor, GigaOM
- Bill Kelly, Managing Director, SunPower
Key Sponsors & Partners: BMW Group, Gensler, OgilvyEarth, NBC Green is Universal, Los Angeles Community College District, Eastman, GFK, BBMG, Classic Party Green Zone, Fast Company, Newsweek, Dwell, amongst others.
Opportunity Green Key Events:
- The OG25 Business Award, representing the best of innovative green start-ups. Past winners include Ecovative Design, Balqon, iCeL Systems, Novomer & CleanFish
- EcoMaverick Award to Michelle Rodriguez (Avatar, LOST)
- Art Center College of Design is cited by Business Week as on of the best design schools in the world. They will be bringing together their leading undergrad and masters students for the first time curating an interactive off campus green installation of the students work.
- LACCD NexTrendinLA Sponsored Transportation Pavilion featuring the latest in alternative and hybrid vehicles from BMW, Coca Cola and more
- Being Green and Being Profitable networking after-party, featuring locally-sourced, organic restaurants, caterers, and wine and spirit providers.
About Opportunity Green
Founded in 2007, Opportunity Green brings together leading companies and visionaries in technology, design, media, and more, showcasing the hottest opportunities to drive profitability through sustainability. The conference exposes participants to an interdisciplinary cross-section of ideas at the forefront of sustainable business practices through a variety of formats, including creative panels and experiential workshops. Opportunity Green is the largest Southern California multidisciplinary green business conference, attracting over 800 attendees from Fortune 500 powerhouses to cutting-edge startups. For more information on the conference, visit www.opportunitygreen.com.