About Cristian Dorobantescu
Edited 2nd of September 2007:
I was just thinking the other day, what people do really know about me? I did the “About Cristian Dorobantescu” page in March 2005, and now the “CV-like” look looks childish. Because I did so many things in the last years:
First, I’m a part time entrepreneur living in Bucharest, Romania. My moonlight company, Energybyte that I developed together with 2 partners does Web Design and starting the beginning of 2007 we also have a PR agency spin-off, called in progress.
While I’m not what Yaro Sarak would call a “professional blogger” I do enjoy writing the Small Business Entrepreneur blog, the Entrepreneur interviews blog and recently started with Small Business Web Design blog.
Besides being an “Internet Junkie”, I’m a great Honda motorcycle fan.
Original About Cristian Dorobantescu:
This is my first post, and I think I should say something about myself 🙂
Let’s start with my CV:
– Work in a dynamic environment that provides excellent opportunities and personal challenges.
- 2005-present: Founder and owner Energybyte
- 2005– 2006: AVIRA – Area Sales Manager; Manage channel distribution for Eastern Europe
- 2002 – 2005: InterAKT Online SRL – Team Manager; Manage an entire software development team; Collaborate with other Departments to the Sales and Marketing activities;Sustain the “client oriented” thinking throughout the company.
- 2001 – 2002: Gerofest SA – Sales representative; Direct sales; Issuing offers and client negotiations in a highly competitive market.
- Feb 2001 – Aug 2001 – Romtrans SA – Customs clerk; Took care of the custom formalities for local clients; Client Relations.
- Business development (Distribution channel development in various countries)
– Identifying potential distributors for software products.
– Development and support of marketing and sales activities in the local markets.
- Good Client communication skills:
– Good sales speech based on a need oriented approach.
– Surpass cultural differences.
– Worked with International clients: USA, Australia, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Eastern Europe.
- Direct or Distribution Channel sales:
– Sustained all international commercial activities from receiving offers, accepting offers, re-negotiate offers to the final contracts.
– Collaborate with the Sales Manager in creating Distribution Channels and Direct Sales.
- Represent the Company at various Fairs in Romania
– Presenting the Company.
– Product presentations based on good communication skills with large audience.
- Elaborate various marketing materials
– Worked for various online/offline product presentations.
– Participate in the creation of the Company portfolios.
– Power point presentations.
– Other marketing materials: Case Studies, market overviews.
- Ability to elaborate complex offers based on a strict acceptance criteria
– Participate in the issuing of various official offers for the Romanian Government or USA Governmental organizations.
– Collaborate for the offers creation for very large companies.
- Follow contracts in any aspects, from commercial to technical and legal details:
– I’ve completed with my team a large number of contracts, from very small to huge 6 months contracts.
- Execute various market researches for Software Products:
– During my work, I’ve had numerous opportunities to investigate various markets for the company products or projects on a Worldwide scale.
– Post Mortem analysis on the products development to determine the challenges encountered, misses and advantages.
- Good Market Understanding:
– Ability to elaborate various documents to compare products and product features: features matrix, SWOT analysis.
– Make basic estimations and development plans based on statistical data.
– Opted in for various marketing newsletter to keep in touch with the market trends.
– Use various marketing research tools by creating online surveys, site traffic analysis or Google adWords.
- Adapt to dynamic environments:
– Respond to various clients demands when working on a big projects variety.
- Good Understanding of the Company’s market position:
– Elaborate various market strategies based on the actual position and desired result.
– Participate in the creation of business plans.
- Ability to work on different activity areas:
– I’ve worked on projects, products development, sales and marketing, company branding and client relations.
– Participate in acquiring the Intellectual Property Rights over the products.
– Obtain Governmental loans.
– Basic Web Technology understanding.
- Proficient Management skills:
– As a Project manager, I’ve led a 5 members team, including developers, testers or documentation writers.
– Acting like a buffer between various management levels to ensure good communication.
– Collaborate with various Company Departments to ensure the entire lifecycle of a product or project.
– Good conflict management skills.
– Conducted several times the hiring process for new personnel.
– Enforcing Company values: organize various parties for the personnel and promoting the company brand amongst new comers.
- Elaborate time management plans:
– To ensure the delivery time for a product, I’ve put in place various excels or other time management tools that helped in the estimation and controlling of the entire activity.
– Elaborate various processes to minimize a product failure risk by following a strict workflow.
– Good time estimation skills based on risks assessment and management.
– 1996–2000 Universitatea Crestina Dimitrie Cantemir, Facultatea de Management Turistic si Comercial
– 2004- present Master: Programare si Servicii Web, Universitatea Bucuresti